Mar 20, 2023
Building Tribe: The Power of Talent Networks | Jaclyn Rice Nelson (Co-founder and CEO of Tribe AI)
Join us on this episode as we chat with Jaclyn Rice Nelson, co-founder and CEO of Tribe, a community connecting top engineers and data leaders to solve real-world problems using AI. Dive into Jaclyn's journey from her time at Google and Capital G to her passion for unlocking the power of talent networks. Discover how Tribe has grown into a thriving, organic community that fosters meaningful connections through shared interests and expertise. Learn how Jaclyn built a successful business with minimal engineering resources and her thoughts on the future of AI and machine learning as the new standard in software development. Don't miss this insightful conversation packed with valuable lessons and insights!
1. *Coalition Operators Fund*
* Why did you start Coalition Operators fund together with the rest of the amazing women? What’s the gap you noticed in the market that drove you to start a new fund?
* How big is the operator network and who are the people involved?
* What are your fund’s advantages and the biggest value for founders and their startups?
* You call Tribe an AI Lab, for top machine learning engineers and data scientists. Why you started Tribe?
* How do you attract and retain this amazing talent / top tech talent?
* What role community plays in the company’s goals? What are some ways they leverage the community for learning, insight sharing, or just emotional connection?
* How do you get access to top ML talent, fast - one they would not possibly have access to without being the Googles and Apples of the world?
*3. How Tribe leverages Softr
* Tribe is a self-funded company, without outside investor money. Can you please share what are some key decisions you made to help keep the company lean, and sustainable and build the product and the platforms to operate internally?
* Would be interesting to hear how you use Softr and other automation tools for different use cases and platforms.
*4. Open AI
* With the new OpenAI advancements, and now AI and machine learning being democratized further, how do you think this will impact Tribe and new startups in the coming future?
* How big will the need become for more companies to leverage data and AI into their product or services to stay ahead of the curve?