So This Is My Why
Jan 21, 2023
Ep 108: How To Build a 4.4 million YouTube following in Asia | Gerald Sebastian (co-founder, Kok Bisa)
It’s cool to be a YouTuber these days.
But how do you go pro?
What’s your life like?
And how much do you earn?!
To answer this over the Chinese New Year (hope everyone is feasting well!), we’ve got Gerald Sebastian - co-founder of Kok Bisa, which with 4.4 million subscribers makes them one of the biggest YouTubers in Asia!
In this episode, we learn how Gerald ended up being a full-time YouTuber, how they’ve built Kok Bisa, the kind of content that goes viral, their monetisation strategy & so much more.
So if you wanna be a YouTuber, or just want to understand what it takes to produce the videos we binge on (don’t lie, I know you use YouTube 😝), then this is the STIMY episode for you!
* 2:30 Being a superhero
* 5:00 Asking questions nonstop
* 7:54 Finding his YouTube co-founder, Ketut Yoga Yudistira
* 9:54 Creating a different kind of content
* 11:19 What it takes to produce YouTube content
* 12:25 Going from 14 to 25,000 subscribers with 1 v…