Simple Farmhouse Life
Mar 16, 2023
176. Educating Our Kids About Real Food | Liz Haselmayer of Homegrown Education
The task of educating our children about real food has never been more important than it is now, but it can feel like swimming upstream in a culture saturated with highly processed and denatured foods. Thankfully, we have access to more information and resources than ever before to educate ourselves and our children on this foundational topic.
My conversation with Liz of Homegrown Education dove into the nutritional philosophies of our homes as well as practical ways to incorporate more real food into our children’s diets. Whether you have prioritized real food from your child’s first meal or you are just now beginning to make food swaps in your home, this episode will encourage you to keep making strides in this worthwhile journey.
In this episode, we cover:
* Why it is important to teach our kids about real food and nutrition
* How your home and cultural environment impacts your relationship with food
* What “real food” actually means
* Practical strategies for…