There is a major deficit in purpose-built rentals in Toronto at the moment and today on the Sync or Swim Podcast, we are chatting about this issue with Jonathan and Gabriel Diamond from Well-Grounded Real Estate. Tuning in, you’ll hear about their focus in the real estate world right now, why this deficit is happening, differences between apartment development and contrast condos, and how these problems can be solved. We discuss what is effective in terms of innovation before talking about integrated product delivery. Finally, our guests tell us about their incredible 1925 Victoria Park building. To hear all this and more, press play now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to today’s guests, Jonathan and Gabriel Diamond.
- What they do now and their real estate goals for the future.
- Why they believe there is a deficit in purpose-built rentals in Toronto right now.
- Some key economic differences between apartment development and contrast condos.
- How policy needs to change so that these issues can be resolved.
- The problems with the Canadian fire code.
- How our guests define innovation and why they feel we’re on the wrong innovation curve.
- Why Jonathan and Gabriel are interested in improving the system of housing delivery.
- What integrated product delivery is and why it’s beneficial.
- Why Toronto has the ability to lead real estate innovation and what holds it back.
- Jonathan and Gabriel tell us about their 1925 Victoria Park building.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Listen to the episode wherever you get your podcasts, Apple, Google Podcasts, or Spotify.