Feb 28, 2023
What Comes After the Student Loan Cancellation Lawsuit
Listen in as Meagan McGuire, CSLP®, and Dan Rooker, CFP®, CSLP®, share the results of the Supreme Court case on cancellation… just kidding. While we'd love to dive into how the case plays out, we recorded this episode prior to the verdict. But don't worry, we've got plenty of other valuable insights to share.
We’re taking a closer look at the new Revised Pay As You Earn plan, commonly referred to as the "new REPAYE," and assessing whether it's a good fit for you. Plus, over the past few years, student loan freezes have influenced how people file taxes. How does the situation you’re in now impact how you should file for 2022? Things will continue to change with the results of the most recent Supreme Court case coming out, but there are still plenty of ways to plan how you’re going to file for this year.
Then, we’ll discuss some of the nuances that are affecting student loan borrowers right now, loan consolidation, and as always, we'll be sharing some intriguing stories from our email inbox.
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
* The results of the Supreme Court case on cancellation…jk jk
* If new REPAYE is a good plan for you
* 1098-E tax form nuances with consolidations
* Whether married couples should file 2022 taxes together or separately
* Impacts of filing separately for income-driven repayment
* The tax deduction for federal student loan interest during the freeze
* Delays on loan forgiveness with the PSLF waiver
* Information on consolidating your loans
* How address changes impact your double consolidation paperwork
* Consolidation with respect to the LDR waiver
* Email inbox storytime
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
* Follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts
* Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts
* Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?
* Try our free student loan calculator
* Check out our refinancing bonuses we negotiated
* Book your custom student loan plan
Do you have a question about student loans? Leave us a voicemail here or email us at email@example.com and we might feature it in an upcoming show!