Trent and Somer are the first couple in history to both get tax-free student loan forgiveness through the Temporary Expanded Public Service Loan Forgiveness (TEPSLF) program. Learn about how they qualified, their journey to forgiveness and their advice for those looking to do the same.
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
- How much student loan debt Somer and Trent graduated with
- How they managed to get Direct Loans
- What it was like for Trent to consolidate his loans in the late-2000s.
- How Trent ended up with five years not counting toward TEPSLF
- How Somer was signed up for the wrong repayment plan
- When their loans went to FedLoan Servicing
- How changing your name can cause student loan problems
- Why Trent’s TEPSLF was a little harder to process
- Trent’s reaction to finding out his student loans were forgiven
- Somer’s emotions when she saw her loans had also been forgiven
- Somer’s thoughts on why loan forgiveness isn’t just free money
- The steps to qualify for TEPSLF
- Trent and Somer’s advice for those going for TEPSLF
Full show notes at: http://studentloanplanner.com/43