If you’re heading into a career in dentistry, medicine or pharmacy, is a residency worth it? What are the differences in requirements, and how do those affect your salary and student loan repayment? Here’s what the economic value of a residency could look like for you, and how it varies by profession.
(Also learn about Student Loan Planner’s brand-new investing course, launching alongside our podcast for one week only!)
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
- How residency programs have proliferated
- What the various programs are — and why some cost you and some don’t
- How residency for medicine differs from other fields like dentistry and pharmacy
- Travis’ thoughts on how hospitals could pay for residency programs
- How pharmacy residencies are a special case
- How hospitals have adapted to the massive influx of pharmacists
- The value of residency in veterinary medicine
- The economic value of residencies as far as what they’re designed for
- Ultimately, is a residency worth it for doctors? For dentists? Veterinarians? Pharmacists?
- What the Student Loan Planner investing course is all about
Full show notes at: http://studentloanplanner.com/24