Gary chats this week with Darcy Marler, a real estate investor having success since 2001, and author of 4 books. Darcy has owned 92 properties and 240 doors worth 44m over the years, he’s done flips, land development, new builds, long term rentals, BRRRR before it was called BRRRR, condos, land parcelling, and has now transitioned into mentoring! It made him successful, but also depressed…tune in to find out HOW! This conversation is great for both new investors, and seasoned investors that want to take their portfolio to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Darcy was able to scale his business from 1 property to 92!
- How to understand your Joint Venture (JV) partner
- How to raise money
- The circumstances that brought on his depression
- Darcy shares some of the biggest mistakes investors are making in the beginning
- His journey with depression after building a real estate empire
- How investors get caught up trying to get as many doors as possible
- How the first real estate book from his dad at age 15 changed his life
- How he created his own spreadsheet program to crunch investment numbers
- Why he was a millionaire, but couldn’t afford to buy GROCERIES!
- Why cash flow is KING!
- Why he says he gets bored easily, but suggests most investors stick with a strategy
- Darcy says ‘knowledge is key’ to success, and avoid failure
- Why JV’s are ‘selling yourself’, not selling the property
- His 1st book looks at investment strategies, and helping you figure out which is for you
- Understand your “Why” that you are investing, then choose your strategy
- If you’re not happy with one strategy try another
- Why it’s OK to fail as long as you learn from it
- Why Darcy, like Gary, doesn’t really enjoy being a landlord
- Why Darcy initially did everything himself, now hires others
- 3 critical steps to self growth according to Darcy
- And MORE!
Full time R/E investor since 2001; have owned 92 properties / 240 doors, worth $44m; have done flips / land development / new construction / long term rentals / BRRRR / commercial / condo conversions / land parceling
Website/contact info for guest
Web: https://www.hrrealestatementors.com/books Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sabanabooks15 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sabanabooks15/ Email: email@example.com
Please a leave a review, as it helps Gary understand if he’s bringing on the right guests that you want to hear from!
Interested in learning more about Real Estate Investing? Visit https://www.smarthomechoice.ca
To learn more about Gary’s mentorship program, visit https://garyhibbert.ca
Tags: #investing, #mindset, #rebuild, #coaching, #personalgrowth, #DIY, #investorlife, #depression, #failure, #learning, #lifestyle