Finding joy is probably tantamount to finding yourself and being comfortable in your own skin.- Morgan Freeman
An expert on the technique for sensory emotional regulation, Emotional Resolution Process (EmRes), and Founder of the Emotional Health Institute, Cedric Bertelli, is on a mission to help others further better understand our emotional functioning.
On this episode of Small Changes Big Shifts Podcast with your host, Dr. Michelle Robin, he shares how he began studying emotional functioning in 2009 and how through his years of working with clients, therapists, parents, educators, and physicians, he has developed complete mastery of the physiologic capacity for emotional resolution.
Tune in with Dr. Michelle Robin and Cedric Bertelli as they discuss:
- The struggles with negative emotions that he experienced from a young age and how he became comfortable in his own skin.
- Various techniques that he tried including psychotherapy before discovering Tipi and the sensory emotional regulation, The Emotional Resolution Process (EmRes).
- How he came to learn about and be trained in the Tipi Program in France that claims we can resolve any emotional difficulty in 30 minutes.
- Why Tipi is more than a technique but an understanding of how the brain constructs emotions and can deconstruct or resolve emotions.
- The CDC's Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACE Study) uncovered a stunning link between childhood trauma and the chronic diseases people develop.
- What steps we can take to erase the fear that exist in ourselves.
How to apply The Emotional Resolution Process (EmRes) to your life if you’re trying to heal from trauma or are struggling daily:
- Go to a safe space, close your eyes, and observe your emotions and tune into your five senses.
- Pay attention to what physical sensations you are feeling such as a tight throat, fast heart rate, shortened breath, or weak legs.
- Just focus on two of those physical sensations at once, process them, and do not focus on the thoughts in your head to help you let go of those negative emotions.
Man has no Body distinct from his soul; for that called Body is a portion of Soul discerned by the five senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age. - William Blake