[Part 2] Al and Lynne Snead discuss leadership, business coaching and debunking leadership myths, hard skills and soft skills and something called squishy
Want to be featured as a guest on Making Data Simple? Reach out to us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] and tell us why you should be next.
Hosted by Al Martin, VP, IBM Expert Services Delivery, Making Data Simple provides the latest thinking on big data, A.I., and the implications for the enterprise from a range of experts.
*This week on Making Data Simple, we have Lynne Snead. Lynne is the founder of Talent Evolution Systems, a behavioral analyst, consultant, training specialist, speaker, coach. Lynne has a back ground in Educational Psychology, and has specialized in organizational performance for over 20 years. Lynne is one of the original Franklin Covey co-authors, has a best seller, she created Franklin Covey’s signature Project Development process and programs, worked directly with Stephen R Covey Senior and Stephen MR Covey Junior. Lynne started her own company in 2003.
3:40 – Any advice on soft skills and hard skills?
8:35 – Telltale signs such as stress
10:40 – Settings goals
*Connect with the Team
*Producer Kate Brown - LinkedIn
Producer Steve Templeton - LinkedIn
Host Al Martin - LinkedIn and Twitter
Thinking Fast and Slow
Other notable names
Lynne’s List of Recommended Leadership Books
* Leadership and Self Deception, Arbinger Institute
* 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen R. Covey (Senior)
* 5 Levels of Leadership, John Maxwell.
* What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, Marshall Goldsmith
* Conversational Intelligence, Judith Glaser
* The Speed of Trust, Stephen M.R. Covey (Junior)
* Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman
* The New Art of Managing People, Tony Alessandra and Phil Hunsaker
* How to Influence People, John Maxwell
* Humble Inquiry, Edgar H. Schein
* Humble Leadership, Edgar H. Schein and Peter Schein
* Leadership is an Art, Max De Pree
* The Secrets to Winning at Office Politics, Marie G. McIntyre
* The Power of Focus, Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Les Hewitt
* The Power of Self-Confidence, Brian Tracy