With Ravana defeated, Arya goes to visit the Medicine Woman one last time. He realizes it is Ma as her True Self. As they talk, many things become clear. The reason for his journey to the backwaters wasn’t to find Deep Medicine but to see his Ma, not as a helpless woman on life support, but here guiding him. The Deep Medicine he sought, was in the Ramayana the whole time. Just as Arya was key to the epic’s survival, the epic was also key to his survival. Its stories were real and powerful. With the power of the Ramayana in his hands, he could finally say goodbye to Ma.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:01] Previously on Shadow Realm
- [00:30] Arya goes to visit the Medicine Woman
- [02:17] Arya sees his Ma as her True Self
- [03:06] Arya and his Ma talk about the power of the Ramayana
- [04:25] Arya receives a blessing from his Ma and says goodbye
- [07:02] How to support and connect with The Arya Chronicles
- [07:17] Next episode teaser
- Arya travels to the backwaters once more to visit the Medicine Woman
- A misty halo formed around her head, and it dawns on Arya that she was the Moonlight who lit his path through the forest the night before
- Arya realizes that the Medicine Woman is his Ma, in her true self, not strapped to a life support, but here guiding him
- The medicine she had told him to search for was never in the Wild Woods, it was with Arya the whole time in the Ramayana
- Ma gives him a rock that will allow him to travel back home to San Francisco
- On the next episode: Arya prepares to go back home to San Francisco
Shadow Realm was written and executive produced by Reenita Hora. Based on her middle-grade novel When Arya Fell Through the Fault, this story constitutes ‘Part 1 of The Arya Chronicles.’
An original soundtrack was composed for this story by Kanniks Kannikeswaran (http://www.kanniks.com/).
Audio adaptation by Shane Sakhrani. Audio Direction and Production by Daniel Gonzalez and Gabe Mara.
The narrative for the trailer was voiced by Carnie Wilson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnie_Wilson)
The podcast features
- Arya Vir Hora as ‘Arya’ (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7845578/) (https://www.backstage.com/u/aryavirhora/)
- Vishesh Chachra as Rishiji, Pa, Nicolas, Ranga, and Surayu (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5189387/)
- Reenita Hora as Ma, Medicine Woman - (reenita.com)
- Danish Farooqui as Chimpu, Ravana, and Elias (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7211550/)
- Laura Smith as Balchorni, Athena, the Doctor, and Jackson’s mom (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2269470/)
- Kal Monsoor as Buddha, Head of School, and Hanumana (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0543964/)
- Avinash Muddappa as Pandu, Gopu, and Raja (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8765273/)
- Asha Noel as Female Vanara, Nurse, and Adriana (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6340920/)
Recorded at Studio City Sounds and The Room at Melrose.
Chapter 13 uses “Lake Waves Hjalmaren” by Owl
Chapter 17 uses “New Holland Honey Eaters 32x Slower” by digifishmusic
Chapter 18 uses “New Holland Honey Eaters 32x Slower” by digifishmusic
Episodes are available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Music is available on Spotify.
If you are already a fan of the show, tap the share button in your podcast player and post this trailer on Facebook or Twitter.
Or text it directly to someone you know who’d love to journey through the Arya Chronicles.
For more information visit thearyachronicles.com.