As he was about to turn 17, Remy Attig was keen to get away from his parents’ fracturing marriage, and ready for something to give his life purpose. The Master’s Commission program seemed like just the thing to set him up for a life of travel and spreading the word of God. Instead, it ran him ragged, instilled fear, built on his internalised homophobia, and set him up for unhealthy relationships and trust issues. In hindsight, he believes that the Master’s Commission was a cult.
Guest: Remy Attig
Full research sources listed on each episode page at www.ltaspod.com. You can support the creation of this independent podcast at www.patreon.com/ltaspod.
With thanks to Audio-Technica, presenting partner for season 4 of Let's Talk About Sects.
If you have been personally affected by involvement in a cult, or would like to support those who have been, you can find support or donate to Cult Information and Family Support if you’re in Australia (via www.cifs.org.au), and you can find resources outside of Australia with the International Cultic Studies Association (via www.icsahome.com).
Written and hosted by Sarah Steel
Music by Joe Gould
Edited by Corey Green of Transducer Audio
* Master’s Commission International Network (MCIN) — official website
* Athletes International Ministry — official website
* Phoenix Megachurch Hosting Trump Rally Says It Has Special Coronavirus-Killing Air System — by Ray Stern, Phoenix New Times, 22 June 2020
* AG Warns Phoenix Megachurch and Air-System Firm About Fraudulent COVID Statements — by Ray Stern, Phoenix New Times, 26 June 2020
* Without a Vision, You Perish — Trivita profile of Larry Kerychuck, unknown date
* Lloyd Zeigler — Jim Bakker Show profile, accessed January 2021
* Statement of Fundamental Truths — Assemblies of God
* Master’s Commission USA — official website
* My Cult Life — blog by Lisa Kerr, archived January 2014
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.