Today I had a super energetic and inspiring human on the show. Monica Richards, aka the ecobabe!
Monica Richards is a former farm girl turned eco-friendly interior designer and Hollywood TV Host who launched her lifestyle brand, ecobabe, to empower people to live more sustainably and believe in the power of individual impact.
In addition to the ecobabe blog, Instagram, YouTube channel and ecobabe Goods Shop, Monica owns a sustainable consultancy for homeowners and brands - She also leads The Collective, a global conscious community of committed ecobabes and Climate Optimists co-creating a better world, together.
I had a great time with Monica talking about her least eco-conscious practice, an overall look at what we’re doing to our planet, and great eco hacks for individuals and brands with a large impact.
Show notes in order of appearance:
- Monica’s last oh shit moment
- If you had to chose 1 thing. What is the absolute worst thing we are doing to our planet at the moment?
- Carbon Emissions
- Have you ever broken up with a guy or stopped dating bc he was not eco-conscious?
- Monica shares what it was like growing up on a farm
- The least eco-friendly thing Monica has done in the past year
- Clothes & Fashion- The True Cost. How can we do our part if you are someone who likes being fashionable?
- It can feel very disempowering to be doing things on an individual basis.
- It’s not about everybody doing everything perfectly, but about a lot of people trying.
- Large companies can have a massive effect and impact. How can someone who’s not a founder or entrepreneur and works for a large company do their part in getting their company in the right direction?
- Grace for small companies.
- The Consultancy works with individuals and brands. What is the process of assessing a brand’s sustainability?
- Eco-friendly hacks!
- Soil farming
- The Collective, a membership platform where we co-create a better world.
- What’s next for Monica Richards.
- Monica shares her top two traits for a conscious leader to embody
Connect with Monica Richards, AKA the Ecobabe on Instagram
Connect with Sebastian on Instagram