Decoding Disruptors: Race Forward
The events of this summer plunged us into a period of racial reckoning and soul searching. Waves of protests and demonstrations across the globe pushed race to the center of our social discourse. People are hopeful that this complex, fraught moment is the beginning of a real meaningful movement towards racial equality.
But change starts within. The beliefs, attitudes, and stories that we carry shape the lens through which we see other, and ourselves. I had a series of conversations with friends inside out community who are deeply engaged in the struggle for racial equality. The purpose -- to explore how we can build the internal skillsets to create the change we want to see in the world.
I’m honored to be doing special episode of the Finding Mastery podcast in partnership with Microsoft. I hope you appreciate the lived experiences and applied insights of these remarkable leaders as much as I do.
Joining me for this podcast:
* Baratunde Thurston, Activist, Comedian
* Tianna Bartoletta, Olympian, 3-time Gold Medalist, competing in 2021 Games.
* Lindsay-Rae McIntyre, Chief Diversity Officer, Microsoft
* Selema Masekala, TV Host, musician, former face of ESPN action sports
* Shea Serrano, journalist, author
* Resmaa Menakem, Therapist, Author, Expert on Racialized Trauma
* Gary Tyler, Wrongfully Imprisoned, 41 years, Angola State Prison, Louisiana