Nicki Hutley Is a highly experienced economist with over three decades of practice in financial and investment markets and in economic consulting. Formerly with Deloitte Access Economics, she is now an independent economist. Nicki develops social impact programs and finance solutions. In 2020 Nicki was appointed as a Councilor for the Climate Council she is particularly interested in the intersection of economy in society and environment and her research covers both macro and micro economic policy across a broad range of issues. Nicki is a regular guest on programs The Drum and The Project amongst others.
Natasha Hawker and Nicki discuss:
- Social equity - making sure that we don't leave those who are most disadvantaged behind, has been working on modern slavery, council of social services , indigenous support programs
- Making an impact that matters - Delloitte's effort to make a difference, leave the world better off then when we started
- Definition of a small business - what is it ?
- What Nicki loves about what she does
- Economic policy and how it affects you and why you should always look at the big picture
- Methods for small business to become more productive
- Has Jobkeeper run its course?
- What are zombie firms and why they are doomed to fail
- Redundancy and how it is being underutilized with businesses letting go their employees unfairly and suffering the consequences
- The workplace of the future and how Covid has shaped it
- AI, Automation and more are changing the modern workplace
- Is your business prepared for another lockdown