Natasha Hawker and Darren Murphy talk employee fraud - identifying risk factors and protecting your business
Darren Murphy is the Managing Director of Core Integrity - a specialist integrity risk consulting firm that works with corporate, government, and professional sporting organisations to help protect their people, reputation, and bottom line.
An advocate for "prevention is better than cure", Darren looks to take an organisation's culture to the next level through proactive investment in people and ethos. Darren understands the complexity and sensitivity of integrity risk issues and is regularly called upon by his clients as a trusted advisor to navigate a crisis and respond in a calm, and considered manner.
Darren's expert team packs a punch in the unique offering they provide to Australian organisations. Highly regarded for their work on developing safe speak-up cultures and supporting organisations through times of trouble, Darren's experience, leadership, and passion has contributed to Core Integrity's industry-leading reputation.
They talk about
* How Darren ended up where he is today and his interest in fraud
* What made Darren start his business - Core Integrity
* Employee Fraud, and how it differs from what usually constitutes criminal activity
* What Core Integrity does and how they help business in curtailing and picking up on employee fraud
* Some statistics on employee fraud, frequency and the most common types that occur in Australia
* What is the Fraud Triangle ?
* Risk factors for business owners, and how you can assess the risks to your business
* Forensic technology, and how it can be used to uncover fraud issues
* Employee reference checks and their value in terms of background checks
* Creating a culture where it is safe to speak up
* Red flags to look out for
And much more