In today’s episode I talk with Tony Ardouin an IT program executive and strategy consultant with many years of experience in designing and delivering IT transformation programs. He enjoys leading and working in high performing teams, and delivering challenging projects that make a difference to businesses, their people and their customers.
Tony has had a long and varied career in engineering and IT, in various roles and functions, including:
- leading and delivering large and complex systems integration and systems & software engineering projects;
- delivering IT Advisory and Digital Transformation consulting engagements with and for C-suite stakeholders;
- working on complex deal sales, including successful RFP responses and contract negotiations for several programs over $20M;
- leading large teams of software engineering superstars developing real-time industrial process control systems software; and
- working as a software engineer himself, coding in languages as diverse as Java/J2EE, C/C++, Fortran and a language called Coral 66.
Across his long career he has gained experience in banking, insurance, federal and state government, manufacturing and mining. While he is not a specialist in any particular industry, this varied experience allows Tony to have a view of what truly makes a business or industry unique, as well as good practices that can be applied from one to another.
When he is not working Tony likes to stay fit, enjoys reading and spending time with his 7-year-old daughter.
We talk about:
- His career from software engineering to strategy consultant;
- The challenges facing organisations;
- Something we can do to have more successful projects;
- What he looks for in project manager: and
- How he fills his energy tank.