On today’s show, Stig Brodersen talks with famous value investor Mohnish Pabrai. They explore Mohnish Pabrai's new investment framework and how retail investors can clone it.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Why 2020 has been the year where Mohnish Pabrai learned the most since he found Warren Buffett in 1994
- Why the Spawning framework is, and why it’s better than buying back shares
- Where Mohnish would like to add to his circle of competence with no time cost
- Why watching paint dry is the core of being a great investor
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Learn more about Mohnish Pabrai’s Dakshana Foundation
- Mohnish Pabrai’s website
- Peter Kaufman’s book, Poor Charlie’s Almanack
- Our interviews with Mohnish Pabrai about value investing and philanthropy
- Our interviews with Mohnish Pabrai about value investing
- Guy Spier’s thoughts on Seritage Growth Properties
- Our interview with William Green about Mohnish Pabrai and much more.
- Buy William Green´s book, Richer, Wiser, Happier
- Whether you’re a small office sending out invoices, an online seller shipping out orders, or even a giant warehouse sending thousands of packages a day, handle it all with ease with Stamps.com. Use the promo code WSB
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today
- Have everything you need to grow online with Squarespace. Use code WSB to save 10% off your first website or domain purchase
- Find opportunities to help diversify your portfolio with investments in alternative asset classes with minimums starting at $1,000 with Yieldstreet
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading staking service, where you can put your crypto to work for you and earn up to 20% in additional rewards annually
- Follow other investors, discover companies to believe in, invest with any amount of money with Public.com. You’ll even get a free slice of stock when you join
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!