David Kadavy explains how to harness your mental energy to improve your productivity.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) How our obsession with time management hurts us
2) Three questions to ask to get more work done
3) How to easily shift to the optimal mental state for work
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep617 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT DAVID —
David Kadavy is a bestselling author, blogger, podcaster, and speaker. Through his blogging at kadavy.net and his podcast, Love Your Work, he helps people find satisfaction through following their crafts, even if it takes them down unconventional paths. David's writing has appeared in Quartz, Observer, Inc.com, The Huffington Post, McSweeny's Internet Tendency, and Upworthy. He has spoken in eight countries, including appearances at SXSW at TEDx. He lives in Medellín, Colombia.
• David’s book: The Heart to Start: Stop Procrastinating & Start Creating
• David’s Twitter: @kadavy
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• App: Todoist
• Plugin: Boomerang
• Product: AlphaSmart NEO
• Publication: Neuron
• Book: The Eureka Factor: Aha Moments, Creative Insight, and the Brain by John Kounios and Mark Beeman
• Book: The Art of Learning: A Journey in the Pursuit of Excellence by Josh Waitzkin
• Book: The Black Swan: Second Edition: The Impact of the Highly Improbable: With a new section: "On Robustness and Fragility (Incerto) by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
• Previous episode: 052: Mind Management for Productivity with David Kadavy
• Previous episode: 063: The Optimal Time For Everything with Dr. Michael Breus
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Pitney Bowes. Simplify your shipping while saving money. Get a free 30-day trial and 10-lb shipping scale at pb.com/AWESOME.