Curt Steinhorst reveals why we often struggle to take control of our attention—and what we can do about it.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Surprising statistics that illustrate our level of distraction
2) The essential keys to accessing flow state
3) How to improve your focus in three steps
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep615 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT CURT —
Curt Steinhorst is the author of the bestselling book Can I Have Your Attention?, an expert on focus and distraction, and a regular Forbes contributor on Leadership Strategy.
Diagnosed with ADD as a child, Curt knows intimately the challenges in keeping the attention of today’s distracted workforce and customer. Through Focuswise, the company Curt founded to help teams solve the problem of chronic distraction, Curt and his team apply the science of how the brain works to the reality of how we function in today’s world.
He coaches founders and CEOs of multi-billion-dollar brands on how to effectively communicate and create focus when they speak to audiences, lead their employees, and engage their customers. His worldwide speeches and training have helped thousands gain the wisdom and practical habits to better manage their focus and put it on the things that really matter in life and work. Clients include Southwest Airlines, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, NIKE, and SAP, just to name a few.
• Curt’s website: FocusWise.com
• Curt’s email: CS@FocusWise.com
• Curt’s LinkedIn: Curt Steinhorst
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• App: Notion
• Study: “Media’s role in broadcasting acute stress following the Boston Marathon bombings” by E. Alison Holman, Dana Rose Garfin, and Roxane Cohen Silver
• Study: Attention Restoration Theory
• Book: The Hero's Journey: Joseph Campbell on His Life and Work by Joseph Campbell
• Fantasy Novel Series: The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks
• Fantasy Novel Series: The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
• Book: The Third Harmony by Mawi Asgedom
• Book: The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement by David Brooks
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Hydrant. Hydrate all the more effectively, efficiently, and deliciously! Listeners save 25% at drinkhydrant.com/awesome.