Brandon Smith shares how to cut through non-stop urgency and work on what’s truly important.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) How urgency is just like hot sauce
2) What your boss really means when they say everything’s urgent
3) How to expertly say no to extra work
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep616 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT BRANDON —
Brandon went from not being able to order a pizza due to a debilitating stutter to becoming a master communicator.
He went on to teach communication in two leading business schools and has won 12 teaching awards for his work in the classroom.
Through his work with businesses, Brandon has helped countless employees go from being on the verge of getting fired to becoming some of the company’s top performers.
Brandon learnt the secret of urgency, what he calls ‘Hot Sauce’ and how different people react differently to it. Today he is the author of The Hot Sauce Principle.
Used in the right amount, hot sauce can be the very thing that turns a bland or stressful workplace into a place of flavourful productivity.
• Brandon’s website: TheWorkplaceTherapist.com
• Brandon’s LinkedIn: Brandon Smith
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Previous episode: 073: Leading Change with Dr. John Kotter
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Rise.com. Build your team’s learning library–the fast and fun way–with Rise.com/awesome
• Blinkist. Learn more, faster with book summaries you can read or listen to in 15 minutes at blinkist.com/awesome