123: Listen and Learn -- First Amendment (Content-Neutral Restrictions)
Welcome back to the Bar Exam Toolbox podcast! Today, in an episode from our "Listen and Learn" series, we're discussing the First Amendment - in particular when, where, and how the government can regulate speech through content-neutral time, place, and manner restrictions.
In this episode, we discuss:
* Situations in which the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution applies
* Public, limited public, and non-public forums
* Content-based versus content-neutral regulations
* The three-prong test for time, place, and manner restrictions for content-neutral regulation of speech
* Analyzing a hypo from the February 2012 California bar exam
* “Listen and Learn” series (https://barexamtoolbox.com/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-archive-by-topic/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-explaining-individual-mee-and-california-bar-essay-questions/#listen-learn)
* February 2012 California Bar Examination (https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/admissions/Examinations/February2012CBXQuestions.pdf)
* Ward v. Rock Against Racism, 491 U.S. 781 (1989) (https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/491/781/)
* Podcast Episode 44: Tackling a California Bar Exam Essay: Constitutional Law (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-44-tackling-a-california-bar-exam-essay-constitutional-law/)
* Podcast Episode 76: Tackling an MEE Con Law Essay Question (https://barexamtoolbox.com/podcast-episode-76-tackling-an-mee-con-law-essay-question/)
Download the Transcript
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-pass-bar-exam-less-stress/id1370651486) or your favorite listening app. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Bar Exam Toolbox website (https://barexamtoolbox.com/contact-us/). Finally, if you don't want to miss anything, you can sign up for podcast updates (https://barexamtoolbox.com/get-bar-exam-toolbox-podcast-updates/)!
Thanks for listening!
Alison & Lee