Scaling: It’s a term often tossed around in business and real estate, but what does it actually look like? Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, you’ll see firsthand how one investor went from a small handful of single family houses to purchasing over $130,000,000 worth of apartment communities in just the past few years.
Our guest, Joe Fairless, has a great story that will show you how you can get started with larger multifamily properties, including several ways to find and finance those big deals. Whether you are looking for your first deal or a 250 unit apartment community, this is one show you can’t afford to miss!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Joe’s background
- His first property in Texas
- Tips for those investing out-of-state
- The benefits and dangers of buying properties virtually
- Why he no longer does single family properties
- How to qualify a market
- Markets that Joe thinks work
- Tips on finding partners and funding deals
- What exactly a master lease is
- How to network and get people in a deal with you
- How much money he puts in each deal
- How they find their apartment deals
- What a stabilized property is
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “I’ve never visited the house before I’ve bought it.” (Tweet This!)
- “The bigger dollars are in the value-add opportunities.” (Tweet This!)
- “You want to have customers before you have a product.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Joe