Are you in this business to make a quick buck—or are you looking to build generational wealth for you and your family? If the latter is true for you, don’t miss a moment of this powerful show with bestselling author Ryan Holiday.
Ryan, best known for his books, such as The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into TriumphA, Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulatorr, Ego Is the Enemye, and Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts , is also a part-time real estate investor and lender.
In this show, we cover a large variety of topics including hard money lending, vacation rentals, writing books, how the awareness of death can make life better, stoicism, and much, much more.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Ryan’s background
- The importance of learning from other people
- His experience as Director of Marketing for American Apparel
- Tips on looking for a mentor
- His first real estate adventure
- His thoughts on Airbnb
- How he gets leads for loans
- How to do what you love through passive income
- The story behind The Obstacle is the Way
- How to react to economy collapse
- Advice to investors who only see the obstacle
- How to control your ego
- Why you should do the right thing despite not sharing it
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “Any fool can learn by experience. I prefer to learn by the experience of others.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every single business is hiring if you can help them make more than you cost.” (Tweet This!)
- “A mentorship is not a destination, it’s a process that ensues.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Ryan