Start slow—or take off like a rocket? When it comes to real estate investing, the choice isn’t the same for all. This week, our guest Paul Thompson made a clear choice: Rocket! After realizing the fragile nature of his six-figure salary, he set out to replace his salary with passive income—as quickly as possible. This led him to average a new home purchase every month for the first year and a half, and soon he had true financial freedom and quit his 9–5. This show is packed full of actionable tips, including some never-before-heard-on-this-podcast strategies for finding deals with the use of virtual assistants, Craigslist, and cold calling! This is one episode for which you’ll need to take some notes, so grab a notebook and let’s get into it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Paul’s backstory prior to real estate investing
- His first deal doing the BRRRR method
- What is escape velocity?
- P.I.L.E. (Passive Income greater than your Living Expenses)
- How he manages his properties
- Finding private money lenders through BiggerPockets
- His system in making offers
- Things he looks for in each deal
- How to negotiate for seller financing
- Subject-to explained
- Why does he L.I.E. every day?
- His interesting thoughts about money
- How he balances his time
- The third-party catalyst
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “How many deals do you have is the wrong question to ask. It’s how much cashflow are you generating?” (Tweet This!)
- “Never assume that what is important to you is important to the other party.” (Tweet This!)
- “There is plenty of money for the things you really want.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t want cash, you want what cash can give you.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Paul