From waiting tables to scaling up to 250 units! Today’s show is going to blow your mind.
Brandon and David sit down with James Dainard, a real estate investor in the Seattle area, who is using his broad knowledge of real estate investing to do some big things! James shares how he got started door-knocking for someone else’s company to learn the business—and things took off from there!
He also shares how he’s finding 60 percent of his deals from the MLS, how he uses local zoning knowledge to find opportunities others are missing, and how he made over a million dollars off an MLS flip! James has some GREAT strategies he uses, including combining flipping, wholesaling, and BRRRRing; improving the return on his equity; and “inventing returns." You’ll also be blown away at how he created a 60-room rental (!!!) property that earns over $9K a month and how he saves money on maintenance and property management by running it all in-house.
James is a smart, humble, and experienced investor doing some very impressive stuff. Download this one today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How he got started door-knocking for someone else’s company
- Story behind his first deal
- How he bought a 60-room house How he got to over 200 units all single-family
- Combining wholesaling, flipping, and BRRRR
- What he looks for in an area and using zoning knowledge to find opportunity
- Profiting $1 million on a flip he found on the MLS
- About his apartment complex that was on the market for 200+ days
- How he uses flips to fund his rentals Getting 60% of his deals off the MLS
- How he calculates the return on his equity
- Why he hires people in-house to manage properties and do maintenance
- How he BRRRRed a deal with no money left in that cash flowed $2K a month
- His unique method for “inventing” returns And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Premium
- Forum Thread about BiggerPockets Premium
- BiggerPockets Youtube Page
- BiggerPockets Podcast 302: Making $100k/Deal Using Other People’s Money, Time & Experience with Cory Nemoto
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram