Financial debt (like student loans or credit cards) is irritating, expensive, and flat-out dangerous. But you don’t have to be stuck paying the minimum payments for decades like most Americans.
Today, we’re excited to introduce you to Brentin Hess, a young investor who “flipped his way out of student loan debt” and has already been able to quit his job thanks to his real estate investments.
You’ll learn how Brentin used a partnership to begin his house flipping journey, as well as the mistakes that cost him time and money in the beginning. Brentin is incredibly inspiring, so take time to listen to this entire episode—and prepare to have a fire lit beneath you!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Tips for getting into real estate at a young age
- Brentin’s experience of having a real estate license at 19 years old
- How his first partnership came to fruition
- How to deal with contractors when you’re young
- The details of his first deal
- Tips for leveraging capital
- What exactly a Guidance Line of Credit is
- The importance of building relationships
- Why he shifted from flipping to rental properties
- How he financed a multifamily deal
- Tips for finding the right partners
- When you should consider the rent as stabilized
- How he quit his job
- The story of how Gary Vaynerchuck was a guest for his event
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “A lot of people who are into real estate sales don’t even get into investing.” (Tweet This!)
- “Flipping is transactional.” (Tweet This!)
- “Time is a finite resource.” (Tweet This!)
- “Life is boring if you’re not being creative.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Brentin