This week, we celebrate summer and present to you our 2018 Summer Faves. From tech to treats, tunes to TV, and of course, summer looks, we make some recommendations to help you live your best life in these warmer months.
Special thanks to James McCombe of Maple Street Creative and Taylor Wizner for remote recording support.
Discussed this week:
- Native Land app (by Victor Temprano, 2015)
- "Mission: Impossible — Fallout" (directed by Christopher McQuarrie, 2018)
- "Vida" (Starz, 2018)
- "Freeway of Love" (Aretha Franklin, "Who's Zoomin' Who?", 1985)
- "Lucid Dreams" (Juice WRLD, "Goodbye & Good Riddance," 2018)
- "Afro-Harping" (Dorothy Ashby, 1968)
- "The greatest five-minute tomato pasta on earth" (Francis Lam, Salon, 2010)
- "A burger, but better" (Samin Nosrat, The New York Times Magazine, 2018)