Ramy Vance is a Canadian who lives in Edinburgh with his wife, three-year-old and imaginary dog. He writes kickass Urban Fantasy thrillers set in the GoneGod World (and elsewhere) and has recently dipped his toes into the LitRPG genre with the Midden3ard series, co-written with Michael Anderle.
Ramy was also the main events coordinator of the 20Books Edinburgh conference, and his greatest aspirations are writing more stories and finally get that real dog so he can have an excuse to go on longer walks.
In this episode we go deep into:
- What kind of dog Ramy is looking at buying
- What is Urban Fantasy, and why does he write in that genre?
- Why it’s beneficial to have your Amazon page 'murder-boarded'
- Growing your universe and letting others expand for you
- Managing time around collaborators, creation, and the day job
- Why readers can sometimes make the best collaborators
- How Ramy approaches story creation
- Ramy’s 5 milestones of story
- Why Bookbub ads are working for Ramy
- Testing your ads
- Why Ramy writes
Ramy answers questions from Patrons:
- David Hines: How do you craft an ending? Is it something you already know or does it develop organically?
- Jon Cronshaw: You've got $100 to spend on marketing a new book. Where do you spend your cash?
- Jennie Mitchell: Your Gone God World started out with 2 related series but I notice that you recently brought in S W Clarke as a coauthor for a 3rd series and that you've begun some collabration projects with LMBPN and others. Can you share a little bit about your decision to move your Universe and your career in that direction?
Find out more about Ramy:
Ramy Vance’s House of the GoneGod Damned!
Ramy’s Amazon page
Special thanks to:
Intro vocals: Persephone Rose
Show theme: Karl Hughes
Become a Patron of the show! Get exclusive bonus content, find your tribe, and get early access to all episodes.
Thank you to my patrons:
Ian J Middleton
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.