Body image concerns are prevalent, so the question is how do we proactively fight against that pressure and foster a body sense of self and in doing so create a positive body image. Should we just stop talking about body image altogether, how far reaching are the consequences of a negative view on ourselves, what role does social media play and how do we change it for our children? We explore all this and much more with body image researcher Nadia Craddock.
A starter list of recommendations:
Social Media Accounts
- Shrill by Lindy West
- Body Positive Power by Meagan Crabbe
- Fearing the Black Body by Sabrina Strings
- Hunger by Roxane Gay
- The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf
- Body Respect by Lindo Bacon (published as Linda Bacon) and Lucy Aphramor
- Appearance Matters – the official podcast of the Centre for Appearance Research – with Nadia Craddock and Jade Parnell
- The Body Protest with Nadia Craddock and Honey Ross
- Food Psych with Christy Harrison RD
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.