#87 Richie Norton interviews Dr. Marshall Goldsmith. Marshall Goldsmith is the only two-time winner of the 'Thinkers 50 Award' for #1 Leadership Thinker in the World. He has been ranked as the #1 Executive Coach in the World and a Top Ten Business Thinker for the past eight years. Dr. Goldsmith is the author or editor of 36 books, including three New York Times bestsellers, that have sold over 2.5 million copies and have been listed as bestsellers in 12 countries. His books, 'What Got You Here Won’t Get You There' and 'Triggers' have been recognized by Amazon.com as two of the Top 100 Leadership & Success Books Ever Written. On this episode you'll learn about how Marshall Goldsmith developed the executive coaching industry before there was anything in business called "coaching." Learn how you can be a better CEO, coach, leader, executive, family person and human being. Richie gets emotional as Dr. Goldsmith coaches him through the "Daily Questions" to prioritize happiness in life. A heart-to-heart. Powerful "mojo."
This podcast hits different around executive leadership, coaching and entrepreneurship. Listen to how Goldsmith speaks full of love and thoughtful conversation to elevate yourself and those around you. Learn how to be selfless and work with people that care.
- Learn about the Four Empathies and when they are useful (or not).
- Learn why smart people fail and why they don't ask for help.
- Learn why successful people need to move from achiever to leader.
- Learn how to be very careful about making suggestions.
- Learn why people "make stuff up" and what to do about it.
- Learn how to be what others need, now, instead of impositioning.
- Learn how work-life and home-life matter and how people who are miserable at home are also miserable at work and vice versa.
- Learn how to approach life with happiness and treat the world through what you can be responsible for.
- Learn to detach yourself from results and ego.
- Learn to feedforward instead of feedback.
As Dr. Goldsmith says, "One of the greatest mistakes of successful people is the assumption, 'I am successful. I behave this way. Therefore, I must be successful because I behave this way!'"
Dr. Goldsmith has over a million followers on Linkedin and teaches at both Dartmouth and customized Executive Education programs for the Tuck School of Business. He is a teacher and facilitator in Tuck's innovative MBA Leadership Coaching program. He's coached Admirals in the Navy to the President of the World Bank to the CEO of Best Buy and CEO Alan Mulally of Boeing and Ford and more. Marshall Goldsmith also developed the MG100 where he helps the top coaches in the world help more people.
Marshall's next book is currently titled 'The Earned Life: The Price You Pay When You Don't Pay the Price.'
Grab it when it comes out next year. Go to www.marshallgoldsmith.com
for more information on Marshall Goldsmith's latest thinking, projects, books and more.
Go here to create your own "on-mission" experience in life, leadership, coaching, entrepreneurship and small business: www.richienorton.com/76daychallenge
Want to continue the conversation? Join us! RICHIE NORTON SHOW COMMUNITY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/richiepodcast
RICHIE NORTON SHOW NOTES AND RESOURCES: http://www.richienorton.com/
RICHIE NORTON SOCIAL: