Shalev Moran is a Copenhagen-based Game Designer, a Game Design Director at PortaPlay, and was formerly the lead game designer on revolutionary art exploration game Occupy White Walls.
He runs the political sci-fi project Speculative Tourism, and is a member of organizations like the Designing Tomorrows collective, and the Game Arts International Network.
In this episode we discuss:
- Shalev's early belief that the world is a complicated place.
- His insight that Indy games might be going through a Nouvelle Vague moment where independent creators can express their artistic vision more freely.
- His experience in the mainstream gaming industry at Plarium.
- His work on the ambitious Occupy White Walls game - which brings art to the masses through an online gaming environment.
- The radical Speculative Tourism project he worked on alongside designer Mushon Zer-Aviv, which explores futures through locative experiences.
- His vision for a never-ending, ever changing game he calls Archipelago.
* You can watch the full, unedited video conversation on the Remake Podcast Members community.
- Shalev Moran's Links
- Other Things Discussed