Jan 23, 2023
Ep. 38 The Power of Assessments with Catherine Mattice
Through self-assessment, you are able to become more aware and gain a deeper understanding of who you are and what makes you tick, find out what your weaknesses and strengths are, and better understand your emotional triggers and your leadership qualities.
Assessments are also powerful tools for organizations and teams. They can enable better hiring decisions and create individual development plans to improve performance.
By identifying team members' individual strengths, the team can create more synergy and it may even improve professional relationships.
On this episode, Kim and Louise are joined by Catherine Mattice, founder and CEO of Civility Partners, a consulting firm focused on helping organizations create respectful workplace cultures and specializing in turning around toxic cultures. Catherine’s award-winning book, BACK OFF! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work, was hailed by international leadership-guru, Ken Blanchard, as, “the most comprehensive and valuable handbook on the topic.”
We're excited to welcome Catherine in for this Kickass Conversation!
You can learn more about Catherine at:
#yourkickasscareer #ykac #ykaccollective #thecollective #work #life #worklife #worklifebalance #career #careerdevelopment #leadership #leadershipdevelopment #business #businessdevelopment #mindset #ingenuity #innovation #inspiration #integrity #inclusivity #assessments #civilitypartners
* Hello & Welcome (0:00)
* What are you celebrating this week? (0:04)
* How did you get to where you are? (4:39)
* What is the power of assessments? What comes from them? (11:03)
* The power of assessments in business. (14:50)
* The real power of an assessment isn’t the first time you do it, it’s all the other times. (22:14)
* The problem with surveys that don’t work. (25:16)
* How do we help people get the resources that they really need? (32:16)
* The most important part of any organization is the human capital. (35:07)
* The collective is about helping people find their voice. (38:44)
* Workplace bullying is abuse at work. (40:39)
* Assessments that sit on the shelf is missing the point. (43:27)
* Catherine’s big takeaway from today. (44:39)
* Next week on Kickass Conversations Exploring Values with Victoria Gallagher (45:00)
Connect with us directly:
You can find Kim at https://www.kimromain.com, as well as on LinkedIn @kimromain and on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok @thekimromain
You can find Louise at https://louiseneil.com and on LinkedIn @louise-neil and on Instagram @mylife.project
Wondering how to get more satisfaction from your career? Get started here.
Don't forget to email your questions, comments, outbursts, and suggestions at email@example.com and find out more about you Your Kickass Career Quiz and us at Your Kickass Career Collective.
Interested in joining the conversation? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re interested in being a guest.