Show Notes: EFT Tapping Junction, Ep7, "How and When to Apply 9 Gamut Tapping"
Depending on when and how you learned EFT, you may not even know what 9 Gamut tapping is and why it can be useful in the right circumstances. With this episode, that is about to change.
- Who is this show for? Practitioners using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), Thought Field Therapy (TFT), or other meridian based energy psychology methods for self-care or with clients.
- Brief history of how Dr. Roger Callahan created TFT and how Gary Craig created EFT, and how the 9 Gamut procedure came to be incorporated into these methods.
- When and why Gary Craig decided to make the 9 Gamut an optional part of EFT treatment.
Quote from Gary Craig's website:
"The 9 Gamut Procedure was a standard feature in the Basic Recipe for many years, but is now optional, and I rarely use it. I've found it helpful when there is a clear brain disorder (e.g. Cerebral Palsy) and I will include it occasionally when progress seems to be halted.” (source: https://www.emofree.com/nl/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html)
Note Gary’s comment, “…I will include it occasionally when progress seems to be halted”.
- The 9 Gamut procedure appears unusual for those who don’t understand why it was - and remains - a key component of Thought Field Therapy.
- EMDR, which is short for Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, is a somewhat similar procedure that has been recognized by the American Psychological Association as an evidence based practice. Both EMDR and the 9 Gamut procedure work directly in the brain. Neither is strictly an energy healing method, but the 9 Gamut does include tapping on the Triple Warmer 3 meridian point while engaging the brain in various activities.
When to Use 9 Gamut Procedure
- I suggest employing the 9 Gamut procedure when you or your client has tapped several rounds with no improvement.
Here’s how to apply the 9 Gamut procedure:
- Turn your non-dominant hand over, make a loose fist, and touch the indentation between the knuckles of the ring and little finger on the non-dominant hand with two fingers of the dominant hand. You can use the index and middle fingers or the middle and ring fingers of the dominant hand. The Triple Warmer point you’ll be tapping is located about 1/2 inch up toward the wrist in the soft tissue between the knuckles of the ring and little fingers. By tapping in that indentation on the back of the non dominant hand with two fingers of the dominant hand, you’re sure to be tapping on the Triple Warmer meridian point.
- Begin to tap and keep your head up as if looking straight out toward a sunrise over the ocean, chin parallel to the floor, and eyes open. Close your eyes for about 3 seconds, and then open your eyes for about 3 seconds.
- Keep tapping with your head up and your chin parallel to the floor. As you tap, shift your eyes down to the left. Hold your eyes down to the left for about 3 seconds and then return to center for another 3 seconds. Shift your eyes down to the right for 3 seconds and again bring your eyes back to center.
- Keep tapping, keep your head straight, and raise your eyes up to 12 o’clock. Move your eyes clockwise around the outside of the clock to 1 P.M., 2 P.M. and so forth until you again reach 12 o’clock. Keep eyes looking up for about a second and then roll your eyes back counter clockwise from 11 P.M., 10:00 P.M. and so forth until you again return to 12 o’clock. Bring your eyes back to center. Keep tapping the Triple Warmer point.
- Keep tapping and hum three or four bars of a song such as, “Happy Birthday”, Row, Row, Row Your Boat, or any other song of your choice.
- Keep tapping and count from 1 to 5.
- Again, keep tapping and hum three or four bars of your chosen song.
- That completes the 9 Gamut procedure.
How to listen to Previous Episodes and How to Subscribe
- To listen to previous episodes of, “EFT Tapping Junction” and learn about Stress Solutions, LLC and how we can help you if you would like to move from stress to success, visit our website at https://www.EFT-MD.com
Host: Stephen Carter, CEO of Stress Solutions, LLC.
Key words: tapping, EFT, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Thought Field Therapy, TFT, trauma tapping, energy psychology, energy tapping, Gary Craig, Roger Callahan, 9 Gamut,
Mic: Samson GTP