I created this audio series to help you fill some downtime when you are unable to read (like in the car) with some useful board review.
I hope you enjoy this free audio component to the examination portion of this site. The full series is available to all members of the PANCE and PANRE Academy.
The Audio PANCE and PANRE Episode 9
1. A 3 year-old girl is diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. Which of the following disorders is this child at risk for in the future?
B. Tinea pedis
C. Squamous carcinoma
D. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
2. A 3 year-old boy is seen in the office with a 5-day history of fever, erythema, edema of the hands and feet, a generalized rash over the body, bilateral conjunctival injections, fissuring and erythema of the lips, and cervical adenopathy. Antistreptolysin A (ASO) titer and throat culture are negative. The most serious systemic complication associated with this disorder is
3. Which of the following medication classes is the treatment of choice in a patient with variant or Prinzmetal’s angina?
A. Calcium channel blockers
B. ACE inhibitors
C. Beta blockers
D. Angiotensin II receptor blockers
4. Pharmacologic treatment of a patient with gestational diabetes should consist of which of the following?
A. Oral hypoglycemic agents
B. Regular insulin
C. Oral corticosteroids
5. Which of the following is an indication for vaccination against hepatitis A?
A. Illicit drug users
B. Health care workers
C. Renal dialysis patients
D. Routine vaccination starting at birth
6. A 2 month-old infant presents for a routine health maintenance visit. The mother has been concerned about the infant’s hearing since birth. Physical examination reveals no apparent response to a sudden loud sound. Which of the following is the most appropriate diagnostic evaluation?
C. acoustic reflectometry
D. auditory-evoked potentials
7. A 53 year-old female status post abdominal hysterectomy 3 days ago suddenly develops pleuritic chest pain and dyspnea. On exam, she is tachycardic and tachypneic with rales in the left lower lobe. A chest x-ray is unremarkable and an EKG reveals sinus tachycardia. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
C. Pulmonary embolism
D. Myocardial infarction
8. Which of the following is an independent risk factor for development of a mesothelioma?
A. Cigarette smoking
B. Asbestos exposure
C. Radon gas exposure
D. Chronic obstructive lung disease
9. A 34 year-old female with a history of asthma presents with complaints of increasing asthma attacks. The patient states she has been well-controlled on albuterol inhaler until one month ago. Since that time she notices that she has had to use her inhaler 3-4 times a week and also has had increasing nighttime use averaging about three episodes in the past month. Spirometry reveals greater than 85% predicted value. Which of the following is the most appropriate intervention at this time?
A. Oral prednisone
B. Oral theophylline (Theo-Dur)
C. Salmeterol (Serevent) inhaler
D. Beclomethasone (Qvar)inhaler
10. Which of the following mechanisms leads to a primary pneumothorax?
A. Penetrating or blunt trauma forces
B. Underlying lung cancer
C. Pressure of air in the pleural space exceeds room air pressure
D. Rupture of subpleural apical blebs due to high negative intrapleural pressures
This FREE series is limited to every 3rd episode, you can download and enjoy the complete audio series by joining The PANCE and PANRE Exam Academy.
I will be be releasing new episodes every two weeks. The Academy is currently discounted, so sign up now.
The post The Audio PANCE and PANRE Board Review Podcast Episode 9 appeared first on The Audio PANCE and PANRE.