Hello and welcome back to another episode of The Food Medic podcast. This week Dr Hazel is joined by Professor Chris Gale (@cpgale3) to pick apart the common myth that heart disease is a man's disease.
* Anatomical and physiological sex differences of the heart
* Differences in presentation and diagnosis of a heart attack between men and women
* Why women don’t receive timely treatment after suffering a heart attack
* Sex specific cut off’s for important blood tests used to diagnose heart attacks
* Menopause and the heart
* The link between mental health and heart disease
If you loved this episode make sure to give it a review, rating (hopefully 5 stars) and share it with your friends and family.