Ep.34 - They Must Hit Play
Tim and Kyle get serious about the key elements that all podcasts need to have if they expect listeners to actually hit play and stick around.
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle read Matthew McLean's Podcast Discovery Stats in 2020 article.
- Kyle focuses on how these stats point out the importance of description and episode titles.
- Tim focuses on how these stats point out the importance of timing and intro hooks.
What did we learn?
- If listeners don't like the cut of your episode titles they will bounce.
- Listeners DO make judgments about your podcast based on its description BEFORE they hit play.
- If listeners don't get hooks within 5 - 15 minutes they will bounce.
- Listeners WILL hit STOP and DROP your podcast if you don't communicate what your show is about in the first few minutes.
- Tim talks about National Poetry Writers Month (NaPoWriMo) and how getting out of your comfort zone and writing poetry is good for creativity.
- Listen to the very end to hear Tim and Kyle get "The Sillies" and try very hard to recover from them!
Our Podcast Family: Join our Podwrecked Salvage Team: A big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage Team (Patreon Subscribers) and Friends of the Show:
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the Podwrecked Salvage Team (details coming soon) and help us make content for our show, please join our awesome Podwrecked Salvage Team Members Cliff and Mathew!
Our Podcast Family:
Audience Challenge: Timmy Kay and the Den of Iniquity Band is still waiting for some suggestions for our transition music to include:
- TODO: Way-Back Music
- TODO: Prediction Music
Visit the Podwrecked Lighthouse:
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod production. Learn more at gagglepod.com.