Ep.8 - How True is True in True Crime podcasting?
Tim and Kyle explore the claim that podcasting has sparked a new Golden Age of investigative journalism and do their own investigation into ethical storytelling standards.
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle explore the rise in True Crime podcasts
- They start asking the question, "What is the difference between a journalist, reporter, commentator, and a podcaster?"
- Then comes the thinking behind how and why podcasters need the same ethical education and standards as journalists.
What did we learn?
- Podcasters should take a serious look at Ethical Storytelling and Reporting standards
- Anyone producing a podcast about news, true crime, or non-fiction should obtain press credentials
- We think that True Crime podcasters should start networking themselves together for safety and credibility.
- "Truth is stranger than fiction. It has to be! Fiction has to be possible and truth doesn’t!" -- Mark Twain
- "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." -- Mark Twain
Reach out to Podwrecked:
Podwrecked is a Gagglepod Production. Learn more at gagglepod.com.