Mickey talks with David Paule of Our Fundraising Search. David talks about the value of strategic plans, and how to get the most out of them. David talks about his development of a tool—a strategic plan that fits on a one-page sheet of paper. Among the topics we cover:
- The first step to fixing a problem is to admit you have a problem.
- Many nonprofits undervalue the strategic plan as a management tool.
- The biggest value of the strategic plan: it empowers you to say no.
- A strategic plan is not how you solve a crisis.
- The strategic planning process doesn’t have to be complex.
- If your house is on fire, you don’t want to have to think about how to get out of the building.
We welcome support of the Nonprofit SnapCast via Patreon.
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Nonprofit Snapshot website.