Producing a Radio Show about Fishing
Pete Gray is the founder and host of Let's Talk Hook Up, a Southern California sports fishing call-in radio show that airs every Saturday and Sunday morning. We talk with Pete about the appeal of fishing, working with advertising partners, and transitioning from Radio broadcast to online media.
This episode is also available to watch on Youtube: https://youtu.be/g5KF275GBG4
Let's Talk Hook Up Links:
Table of Contents:
- 00:27 - Intro - What Kind of Show is Let's Talk Hook Up?
- 02:33 - How Pete Got into Hosting A Radio Show
- 05:36 - Challenges in Radio
- 07:14 - How Advertisers Measure The Results of a Podcast or Radio Sponsorship
- 10:56 - Types of Sponsorship Opportunities
- 14:15 - Tips for New Podcasts When Working with Sponsors
- 17:03 - Timeslots
- 18:16 - How to Keep Your Show Fresh
- 19:44 - Commercial VS Sport Fishing and Sustainability
- 22:19 - Illegal Harvesting, Why Not Harvest Bycatch?
- 26:22 - Catch and Release and Bonefishing
- 28:11 - What's Fun About Fishing?
- 31:13 - Sushi and Tuna Stocks
- 32:36 - China's 9-Dash Line
- 35:23 - Fishing Tales
- 39:35 - Quietness in Fishing
- 40:33 - How to Find and Maintain Sponsorships
- 47:28 - Electric Outboard Engines
- 48:42 - Conventional Outboard Engines
- 51:44 - Some of the Logistics of Producing a Show and Keeping Up Enthusiasm
- 55:49 - Bringing My Dad on as a Guest - Fishing Story
- 1:00:27 - Outro
#sportfishing #sustainability #commercialfishing #podcast #radio #podcastproduction #radioproduction #sponsorships #fishing #talkradio #petegray #letstalkhookup