In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I have the pleasure of speaking with Ben Peterson, who is not only Sport Performance Manager at Catapult but co-authored Triphasic Training with Cal Dietz. This is part two of a two-part series with Ben. This episode we discuss all things triphasic training with part one discussing GPS. Ben is a super smart guy and made me feel very uneducated, not for the first time.
In this episode you will learn -
- Who is Ben Peterson (background, education and current role)
- Developing the model (how, when, why)
- The science behind the methodology
- Mesocycle & block breakdown
- The importance of muscle relaxation and using oscillatory methods
- Timed sets
- The sport squat
- Using the Triphasic method with team sports with short pre-seasons and long in-seasons
- French contrast training
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting paceyperformance.co.uk/podcast.
Ben can be found on Twitter @Ben_J_Peterson