In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Strength & Conditioning Coach for the All Blacks, Nic Gill. Nic has been on my radar for a podcast for a long time and I was delighted when we found time in the diary to get it done. Nic is a class act and this podcast is a MUST for anyone working with athletes.
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who is Nic Gill (background, experience, and current role)
- The balance between technical/tactical and physical
- Ensuring the players are in peak condition when they come into camp
- Do you monitor or rely on good relationships with the super rugby teams
- Do you monitor during international periods and use this to manipulate training
- What does a test match week look like and why?
- Bigger, faster, stronger - the myths
- Your training philosophy
- What physical qualities are the biggest determinants to achieve such a game…eg high speed, power, repeat effort or is it high levels of technical resilience and robustness that ensures skills and tactics remain intact under high levels of fatigue?
- Do you employ any fitness strategies during your time with them to achieve the specific physical qualities you desire?
Nic can be found on Instagram @nicgill_health_and_performance
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by Coach Me Plus who can be found on Twitter @CoachMePlus and at their website coachmeplus.com.
This episode is also sponsored by Forcedecks. If you want to know more about ForceDecks, listen to episode #139 of the Pacey Performance Podcast with co-founder, Dr. Daniel Cohen.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting strengthofscience.com/podcast.