This episode is another departure from our regular interview shows. Today I'm joined by a panel of 5 guests who kindly shed some light on a few of the issues facing women in CFD.
Our expert panel includes Chris Wolfe, Althea de Souza, Aniko Rakai, Irena Juretić and Elisabeth McLean. Between them they cover a breadth and depth of experiences in CFD, whilst sharing an infectious desire to promote our industry as a great career choice for the next generation of female engineers.
We cover some ground, including:
- the scourge that is "mansplaining"
- the importance of women-in-tech groups/meetups/initiatives as a safe place to discuss issues & develop ideas
- whether women need to work harder & do a better job to get to the same place as a man?
- the role of imposter syndrome & self-esteem when it comes to a woman's career progression
- how will we know when we've "made it" in women in tech?
We barely scratched the surface here, but if you'd like to continue the conversation then hop over to our Facebook Group - talkingcfd.com/fb
Apologies that the audio isn't up to the usual standards, but recording 6 people live is still a tricky prospect. I'll try & do better next time out.