Our guest in this episode is world-renowned film maker and photographer Michael Shainblum. I invited Michael on to the podcast to ask him all about his stunning NYC time-lapse video, and how he captured the essence of the city so effectively in it.
Over the course of our conversation Michael shared some great insights into his technical and creative process and offered tips and advice for anyone wanting to try time-lapse photography for themselves.
MastersOfVisuals.com – The ultimate time-lapse photography masterclass, by Michael Shainblum
ShainblumPhoto.com – Visit Michaels website for articles, videos, tutorials, workshops and more
- Michael's main goal when creating time-laspe videos
- How Michael captured the feeling of the city in his NYC time-lapse
- How the entire video was built around one scene and Michael created a progression to build towards it
- What it was like trying to film all around NYC and 1 World Trade
- The #1 most important thing every new piece must have before Michael puts it out into the world
- What kind of motion works best for time-lapse
- What kind of scenes work best
- How time-lapse allows you to see things you weren't noticing in person
- What equipment do you need to get started with time-lapse
- What should you focus on when creating time-lapse videos for the first time
- The most important thing to get right in your time-lapse videos
- Tips for getting started with sunset/sunrise time-lapse transitions without needing extra gear