Scope of practice is one of the most requested topics in my community, and in my DMs, so we’re going to get down and dirty, talking about what you are, and are not, legally allowed to do as a coach.
First of all, you need to understand exactly what scope of practice is and which scope of practice covers what you do. This is where this episode starts. But there’s so much misinformation out there when it comes to scope of practice legislation that it can be a real minefield, and getting things wrong has the potential to land you in trouble, so I spend a bit of time myth-busting as well.
Once that’s out of the way, I get into how you can design your business in a way that’s safe, covered, and will let you sleep tight at night.
In this episode, you'll hear…
- 02:09 - What scope of practice means
- 04:08 - How it affects your business
- 06:17 - The myth of unregulated industries
- 08:17 - Where the confusion comes from
- 16:04 - Do’s and don’ts of your coaching scope of practice
- Join my free Legal Workshop “5 Steps to Legally Protect & Grow Your Online Business” here
- Read Sam's Blog for the latest legal tips, podcast episodes & behind the scenes of building her 7-figure business.
- Listen to our customer stories to see how getting legally legit has helped 1000s of entrepreneurs grow their own businesses.
- Follow Sam on Instagram for legal tips, business-building advice & daily food + Hudson pics.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow my podcast, On Your Terms, on Instagram so you catch all our episodes
- Subscribe and follow on all podcast platforms and activate notifications for new episodes
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Kajabi // use Kajabi to sell your course, program, or even build your entire website. Get a 30-day free trial with my link.
- SamCart // what I use for my checkout pages and payment processing and LOVE. And no, not because it’s my name.
- ConvertKit // what I use to build my email list, send emails to my list, and create opt-in forms & pages.
DISCLAIMER: Although Sam is an attorney she doesn’t practice law and can’t give you legal advice. All episodes of On Your Terms are educational and informational only. The information discussed here isn’t legal advice and isn’t intended to be. The info you hear here isn’t a substitute for seeking legal advice from your own attorney.
On Your Terms is a production of Crate Media.