Today, we’re talking about issues that are a real PITA (that stands for pain in the…). The worst of these problems can come from your paying clients.
Whether you have all of the best legal protections in place or none at all, trouble clients can always find ways to end up causing legal headaches. I’m going to share how to identify warning signs early so that you can see problems coming, when to cut ties with a difficult client, and – ideally – how to avoid them altogether, in the first place. Keep in mind that these types of issues are normal and they’re in no way a reflection of you as a coach. The best thing to do is move through these experiences with grace.
In this episode, you'll hear…
- 06:21 - Why we need to talk about PITA clients
- 09:40 - What to take away from them
- 10:43 - How problem clients present themselves in your business
- 19:45 - Warning signs
- 31:56 - When to run
- 39:39 - How to avoid problem clients altogether
- 52:11 - How to terminate a problem client properly
- Join my free Legal Workshop “5 Steps to Legally Protect & Grow Your Online Business” here
- Read Sam's Blog for the latest legal tips, podcast episodes & behind the scenes of building her 7-figure business.
- Listen to our customer stories to see how getting legally legit has helped 1000s of entrepreneurs grow their own businesses.
- Follow Sam on Instagram for legal tips, business-building advice & daily food + Hudson pics.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow my podcast, On Your Terms, on Instagram so you catch all our episodes
- Subscribe and follow on all podcast platforms and activate notifications for new episodes
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Kajabi // use Kajabi to sell your course, program, or even build your entire website. Get a 30-day free trial with my link.
- SamCart // what I use for my checkout pages and payment processing and LOVE. And no, not because it’s my name.
- ConvertKit // what I use to build my email list, send emails to my list, and create opt-in forms & pages.
DISCLAIMER: Although Sam is an attorney she doesn’t practice law and can’t give you legal advice. All episodes of On Your Terms are educational and informational only. The information discussed here isn’t legal advice and isn’t intended to be. The info you hear here isn’t a substitute for seeking legal advice from your own attorney.
On Your Terms is a production of Crate Media.