Nov 16, 2022
We visit Four Mile River Farm, and a mission-based restaurant in Hartford is reimagined
Welcome to the new season of Seasoned! Each month, you’ll get to know local chefs and farmers who grow and cook our food as Chef Plum and special guest co-hosts visit the people and places that make our state such a delicious place to live. To kick off the second season of Seasoned, Chef Plum teams up with someone near-and-dear to so many hearts in our local food world: Winter Caplanson, founder of the Connecticut Food & Farm Report and Connecticut Food & Farm magazine.
This month, Chef Plum and Winter talk with the family behind Four Mile River Farm in Old Lyme about life on the farm and the craft of butchery.
Chef Ben Dubow (pictured below) discusses the spirit behind the mission-based restaurant Fire By Forge in Hartford. And, we have a tasting party with Jordan Abbott, owner of Nutmeg + Honey, curators of Connecticut-made foodie gift boxes. Plus, Chef Plum tries the garlic ice cream at the Connecticut Garlic & Harvest Festival.
* Nunzio Corsino: Farmer, co-owner of Four Mile River Farm in Old Lyme, Conn.
* Chris Bourne: Farmer, co-owner of Four Mile River Farm in Old Lyme, Conn.
* Tina Sirico: Chef and inventory manager at Four Mile River Farm in Old Lyme, Conn.
* Dave Harkness: Co-founder of the Connecticut Garlic & Harvest Festival in Bethlehem, Conn.
* Ben Dubow: Executive Director of Forge City Works in Hartford, Conn. Fire By Forge Restaurant & Café will open in early 2023.
* Jordan Abbott: Owner of Nutmeg + Honey – curators of Connecticut-made gift boxes, based in West Hartford, Conn.
View additional photos of this month's featured guests and Fire By Forge courtesy of Winter Caplanson
Four Mile River Farm
Dishes on the Fire by Forge menu
View the Connecticut Food & Farm gallery
This show was produced by Robyn Doyon-Aitken, Catie Talarski, Emily Charash and Katrice Claudio. Our interns are Taylor Doyle and Jacob Gannon.
Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seasoned is available every month as a podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Subscribe and never miss an episode! You can also subscribe to our newsletter, Full Plate, for links to videos, recipes, cooking tips, and the latest episode of Seasoned.
Support the show: https://www.wnpr.org/donate
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.