In this extended Brief, NLW tells the story of the economy through five themes:
The story of the economy as told by five macroeconomic indicators including Chinese stocks, New York City real estate, coronavirus cases and more.
- China stocks surge – but how much is it driven by Chinese state-sponsored media hype?
- A tale of two cities – real estate in New York City and Hong Kong are telling very different stories
- A global currency crisis in Lebanon - foodstuffs are up 100% in the last two weeks as the pound continues to falter
- The COVID-19 ticker - daily cases continue to grow in the U.S. but deaths are declining
- The cost of the U.S. losing its place in the world - from travelers turned away in Italy to decreasing capital inflows
- Plus a bonus: what the Nasdaq all-time highs really mean