How does the venture capital industry work? What do investors think about when they decide who and what to invest in? What is the framework they use? Tim Schigel—the founding and managing partner of Refinery Ventures—is all about investing in fast-growth companies. If you want to get inside the head of someone who runs a venture capitalist fund, this is the episode you need to listen to.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:21] Tim’s background in venture capital
- [3:22] How the venture capital industry works
- [9:39] The track record of the investor = an important metric
- [14:16] The importance of experiencing hyper-growth
- [18:47] The misconception(s) about raising money
- [23:38] How does the negotiation process work?
- [27:20] Key things entrepreneurs need to keep in mind
- [32:08] How to connect with Tim Schigel
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Tim Schigel
Connect With Mark
Subscribe to Negotiations Ninja