"Don't fall into the trap of wanting to do multiple things, focus on one thing and insha Allah you are bound to be successful" - Omar Taha
In this interview we talk to Omar Taha. Omar is the founder of Startup Muslim (startupmuslim.com), a global platform connecting experienced minds with startups to create successful ventures, businesses and network.
We get into topics such as: where to start when it comes to business, mindset, mentorship, how to pick a field and much more. If you've always wanted to get started with your very own business, this is a perfect place to start.
This episode is brought to you by Muslim Central
- What made you switch from working on Wall St to teaching Muslims about how to build businesses?
- Where does one start when it comes to business?
- Would you say one of the big reasons people fail at business is because they want to do too many things?
- How do you know what your good at and what "business" to go into?
- You transitioned from your e-commerce business to apps, how did you know when to switch it up or stick it out?
- What should we know in terms of mindset before venturing into our own businesses.
- What are you thoughts on online courses for gaining knowledge on certain businesses?
- How do you just stick to one thing when it comes to business?
- What kind of environment is ideal when working on your business?
- How do you find a business mentor?
- What holds a lot of people back from business is fear. How can we overcome this?
- Getting practical and diving deeper into what we have spoken about so far, you have $1000 and a laptop, you know you want to start some kind of business but not entirely sure, what are you next steps?
- What advice would you give your 20 year old self about starting a business and life?
For resources mentioned in episode, check out the show notes: http://muslimlifehackers.com/3-7